What are the crowdfunding industry averages over recent years?
As more people learn that they can invest in startups, the U.S. equity crowdfunding market is growing rapidly. In fact, industry analysts at Crowdfund Capital Advisors (CCA) report that investments jumped 140% in 2021 over 2020, which was also a record-setting year.
CCA’s year-end report for 2021 also shows that:
- More than 1.28 million investments have been made by individual investors through equity crowdfunding in the United States.
- $442.6 million were invested through this market in 2021 alone.
- The average investor check size was $1,057 in 2021.
- The average amount raised by companies has grown to $284,000 since market inception, and companies can raise up to $5 million in a 12-month period.
- The number of new issuers increased 30% in 2021 giving investors more investment opportunities.
What does CCA forecast for 2022? They project increased growth with more than $1 billion to be invested by more than 1 million investors.
This material is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. Information obtained from outside sources is believed to be correct, but Fundify cannot guarantee its accuracy. This material cannot be copied, reproduced or redistributed without authorization.